Saturday, June 25, 2011

Reading Harry potter and the half blood prince (READING. not yet finished)

So I started reading the Half blood prince, which is the 6th year..
when I actually finished the second year like 2 days ago. 
I just skipped 3, 4, 5 because first,


1. I had this Half blood prince in my shelf since like 4th grade 
 (and Half Blood Prince is the only Harry Potter book I have in my house(yeah it's depressing):( )
2. I don't think I could read all the collection by July 15th 
3. I thought skipping three series won't be a big deal.
 (It turns out it's a little bit hard...to read the 6th one without reading the previous three)


Anyway, I started reading on the 24th, which was friday. and today, which is Saturday, I read till 387pg out of 652pg. Yeah... I kinda read the book the whole day on Friday. And I continued to read for another whole day on Saturday, after church. 


I didn't find the first and the second book that hard. I mean like there wasn't many vocabularies that I didn't know, and there were much less characters... So I read the book with not much problem. 
But you see, as I mentioned before, I skipped three years. And it turns out the the Half blood prince is indeed harder to read than the two I read already. 
There are more advanced vocabularies, more characters, more conflicts going on. 
And I feel like the book is very serious now. (Ron's funny comments decrease as you go further to the book :( ) 
So like in the first and the second book, no one really expected Harry to fight Voldemort and save the wizard community. Because Harry in a way, luckily heard about those Sorcerer's stone and the Chamber of Secrets. And somehow,with a lot of luck, fought them.


But in the 6th book I am reading right now, I can defiantly feel how Harry is going through this pressure of being 'the chosen one' and everyone expecting 100% that he would kill Voldemort. And unlike the previous, I have read more than the half of the book and it seems like finding the half blood prince isn't much important as other conflicts like the relationships between Ron and Hermione, Dumbledore's black hand, Draco and Professor Snape. So I am quite confused in learning 'what is most important' in this volume. 


And it's taking more time to read because of these fancy looking vocabularies. 
such as,
thatched 
contemptuous
negligently
congealed
disquiet


and zillions more. 


So yeah, I look up on my fancy? lol electric dictionary every time a word appears.
And I hope to know at least half? of what Noah's amazing...knowledge of vocabularies. 
I always envied how many vocabularies Noah knows. 
I mean yeah there also is my friend Yasmin and Thomas
but Noah seems to like 
have a dictionary chip inside his brain... 
and whenever I ask him how come he know so much, he says
'I read a lot' 
and A;LSDJF;ALKSDJF;ALSKDJF;ALSDJFLA;KDSJF
... 
So as you can ... see? I am trying to read a lot too. 
ESPICALLY HARRY POTTER. 
 

oh and I got KOREAN STICKERSSS from Sara. :) THANK YOU it's amazingly CUTE



You see those post it's? :)
 
A thick book. ... more than Twilight... I think.


and what is the Apparition lesson? 
and these wear wolfes. 
kinda random... and 
RIDDLE. 
OMG 
YOUR NAME IS AMAZNG. 

No comments:

Post a Comment