Sunday, June 26, 2011

Finished reading the Half Blood Prince... and is in total chock.

OMG. WT????? SNAPE KILLED DUMPLEDORE! 


The image above, was my face when I was reading...


'Snape raised his wand and pointed it directly at Dumbledore. 
"Avada Kedavra!"
A jet of green light shot from the end of Snape's wand and hit Dumbledore squarely in the chest. Harry's scream of horror never left him (SO WAS MINE!! HARRY!); silent and unmoving, he was forced to watch as Dumbledore was blasted into the air. For a split second, he seemed to hang suspended beneath the shining skull, and then he fell slowly backward, like a great rag doll, over the battlements and out of sight. 


What I don't understand is 
WHY did DUMBLEDORE, trust Snape so much?
I... just don't get it. 
and I will never understand it because no one will explain to Harry because Dumbledore is 
DEAD! 
*CRY CRY CRY CRY*
so yeah, that was shocking. 
and also, it was more chocking that that.... Snape himself said that he was the Half blood prince. I thought that part was kinda random-ish... 
Snape just yells 
"I AM THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE!"
and then runs away... 
well, yeah. That wasn't exactly what happened. but you get the big idea..(?right??)
So again, I am going to type my favorite parts. 
and I have tons.

As you see, after putting this much post-its, I had a sudden 'flip back?' oh, 'flash back' of Mrs. A in Humanity class during 8th grade. She made us have tons of Post its... and I remember myself working hard on each post its. And unfortunately? she didn't check mine or Yasmin's because we were talking our High school math finals when Mrs. A collected them...
(I still can't figure out if that was better for my grade or not...)


Anyway, back to the parts I enjoyed, 
I have a lot... hmm.. so now, It's 9:03pm. Lets see the time I finish...


'Yes, alive," said Fudge. "That is- I don't know- is a man alive if he can't be killed? I don't really understand it, and Dumbledore won't explain properly-but anyway, he's certainly got a body and is walking and talking and killing, so I supposed, for the purposes of our discussion, yes, he's alive." -Fudge to a Muggle President(11pg)


"The new secretary in your outer office-"
"I'm not getting rid of Kingsley Shacklebolt, if that's what your're suggesting!" said the Prime Minister hotly. "He's highly efficient, gets through twice the work the rest of them-"
"That's because he's a wizard," said Scrimgeour, without a flicker of a smile. 


"But for heaven's sake- your're wizards! you can do magic! Surely you can sort out-well-anything!"
Scrimgeour turned slowly on the spot and exchanged an incredulous look with Fudge, who really did manage a smile this time as he said kindly, "The trouble is, the other side can do magic too, Prime Minister."


"All right, all right... What is your dearest ambition?"
"To find out how airplanes stay up" - Mrs. Weasley to Mr. Weasley (86pg)


"Wuzzgoinon?"-Ron


"Bill told me 'ow Fred and George are very amusing!" said Fleur, smiling serenely. 
"Yes, I can hardly breath for laughing," snapped Hermione


"Thanks, Bill," said Harry, pocketing his gold. 
"'E is always so thoughtful," purred Fleur adoringly, stroking Bill's nose. Ginny mimed vomiting into her cereal behind Fleur. Harry choked over his cornflakes, and Ron thumped him on the back. (108pg)


"That's three Galleon, nine Sickles, and a Kunut," said Fred, examining the many boxes in Ron's arms. "Cough up."
"I am your brother!"
"And that's our stuff you're nicking; Three Galleon, nine Sickles. I'll knock off the Kunt."
"But I haven't got three Galleons, nine Sickles!"
"You'd netter put it back then, and mind you put it on the right shelves."
Ron dropped several boxes, swore, and made a rude hand gesture at Fred that was unfortunately spotten by Mrs. Weasley, who had chosen that moment to appear. 
"If I see you do that again I 'l jinx your fingers together," she said sharply. (122pg)


and then, there are no quotes from page 122 till page 254. Which is kinda sad and stuff. 


"Malfoy took something to Borgin and Burkes for repair?"
---skip few lines---
'What he actually said was, 'How would I look carrying that down the street?'" said Hermione. 
"Well, he would look a bit of a prat carrying a necklace," interjected Ron (254pg)


Girls were very strange sometimes


The Weasleys and their guests were sitting in the living room, which Ginny had decorated so lavishly that it was rather like sitting in a paper chain explosion. Fred, George, Harry and Ron were the only ones who knew that the angel on top of the tree was actually a garden gnome that had bitten Fred on the ankle as he pulled up carrots for Christmas dinner. Stupefied, painted gold, stuffed into a miniature tutu and with small wings glued to its back, it glowered down at them all, the ugliest angel Harry had ever seen, with a large bald head like a potato and rather hairy feet. (330pg)


Harry glanced around surreptitiously. A little way to his left, Ernie Macmillan was contemplating his hoop so hard that his face had turned pink; it looked as thought he was straining to lay a Quaffle-sized egg. Harry bit back a laugh and hastily returned his gaze to his own hoop. (384pg)


"I thin... Harry, I think I lover her," said Ron in a strangled voice. 
"Okay," said Harry, walking up to Ron to get a better look at the glazed eyes and the pallid complexion. 
"Okay... Say that again with a straight face."
"I lover her," repeated Ron breathlessly. "Have you seen her hair, it's all black and shiny and silky... and her eyes? Her big dark eyes? And her-"
"This is really funny and everything," said Harry impatiently, 'But joke's over, all right? Drop it."- When Ron accidently ate love potion.(393pg)


"Not bad," said Harry. "They say he'll be okay."
"No more than six visitors at a time!" said Madam Pomfrey, hurrying out of her office. 
"Hagrid makes six," George pointed out (402pg)


"I swear they're getting smaller," Ron to second graders. 


“How d’you spell ‘belligerent’?” said Ron, shaking his quill very hard while staring at his parchment. “It can’t be B - U - M -”
“No, it isn’t,” said Hermione, pulling Ron’s essay toward her. “And ‘augury’ doesn’t begin O - R - G either. What kind of quill are you using?”
“It’s one of Fred and George’s Spell-Check ones… but I think the charm must be wearing off….”
“Yes, it must,” said Hermione, pointing at the title of his essay, “because we were asked how we’d deal with dementors, not ‘Dugbogs,’ and I don’t remember you changing your name to ‘Roonil Wazlib’ either.”
“Ah no!” said Ron, staring horror-struck at the parchment. “Don’t say I’ll have to write the whole thing out again!”
“It’s okay, we can fix it,” said Hermione, pulling the essay toward her and taking out her wand.
“I love you, Hermione,” said Ron, sinking back in his chair, rubbing his eyes wearily.
Hermione turned faintly pink, but merely said, “Don’t let Lavender hear you saying that.”
“I won’t,” said Ron into his hands. “Or maybe I will… then she’ll ditch me…”
“Why don’t you ditch her if you want to finish it?” asked Harry.
“You haven’t ever chucked anyone, have you?” said Ron. “You and Cho just –”
“Sort of fell apart, yeah,” said Harry.
“Wish that would happen with me and Lavender,” said Ron gloomily, watching Hermione silently tapping each of his misspelled words with a tap of her wand, so that they corrected themselves on the page. (449pg)
 Er-well-ghosts are transparent-” he said. “Oh, very good,” interrupted Snape, his lip curling. “Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. Ghosts are transparent


 Well, what Harry said is the most useful if we're trying to tell them apart! When we come face to face with one down a dark alley we're going to be having a shufti to see if it's solid, aren't we, we're not going to be asking, "Excuse me, are you the imprint of a departed soul?"


"Oh, she was perfect, obviously," said Ron, before Hermione could answer. "Perfect deliberation, divination, and desperation or whatever the hell it is


"This is Felix Felicis, I suppose?" said Hermione anxiously, holding up the bottle to the light. "You haven't got another little bottle full of-- I don't know --"
"Essence of Insanity?" suggested Ron, as Harry swung his cloak over his shoulders.
Harry laughed, and Ron and Hermione looked even more alarmed.



"You think she was the Half-Blood...? Oh, come on."
"Well, why not? Harry, there aren't any real princes in the wizarding world! It's either a nickname, a made-up title somebody's given themselves, or it could be their actual name, couldn't it? No, listen! If, say, her father was a wizard whose surname was 'Prince', and her mother was a Muggle, then that would make her a 'half-blood Prince'!"
"Yeah, very ingenious, Hermione ..."
"But it would! Maybe she was proud of being half a Prince!"
"Listen, Hermione, I can tell it's not a girl. I can just tell."
"The truth is that you don't think a girl would have been clever enough," said Hermione angrily.
"How can I have hung round with you for five years and not think girls are clever?" said Harry, stung by this. "It's the way he writes. I just know the Prince was a bloke, I can tell. This girl hasn't got anything to do with it. Where did you get this, anyway?"



He thrust the socks into Ron's hands. 
"Thanks," said Ron. "Er-why do I need socks?" (552pg)


"Lord Voldemort would not want to kill the person who reached this island."
Harry couldn't believe it. Was this more of Dumbledore's insane determination to see good in everyone?
"Sir," said Harry, trying to keep his voice reasonable, "sir, this is voldemort we're-"
"I'm sorry, Harry; I should have said~~"


Oh Jeez! it's 9:49pm. 
for more, http://www.half-bloodprince.org/snapebook6quotes.php

No comments:

Post a Comment