Monday, June 20, 2011

The Present by Spencer Johnson

So I read another book. It's called the The Present by Spencer Johnson. 
You might recognize his name from another book he wrote, called Who moved my cheese? 
Reason why I even started to read this book is because on the cover, it has a red printing of 
"INTERNATIONAL BESTSELLER"
and because it has been on the book shelf for like 5 years... 
After reading, well it only took like a day to read, I felt that the book was too similar with the previous book he wrote. I remember that the book Who Moved My Cheese was about like how to improve yourself and how to enjoy a better life. And The Present was also about how to improve your quality of life and all...
The story line is about how to life your present moments to enjoy your work and life. NOW


Be in the present 
Focus on what is right now. 
Respond to what is important today 


Learn from the past 
look at what happened in the past
learn something Valuable from it
do thing differently today 


Help create the future 
imagine what a wonderful future would look like
make a realistic plan 
do something today to help it happen 


Realize your purpose 
explore ways to make your work 
and life more meaningful 


PHOTO OF THE WEEK... OR MONTH!
I love mustard sticker 
oh how.. random... Yejun... - - 

No comments:

Post a Comment