Friday, June 24, 2011

I finished the Chamber of Secrets!

YEAHHHH
I finished the book in three days! :3
The whole time I was reading, I was just so focused in the book, it's not even funny. lol
Okay so like last time, I am going to write my favorite parts. 
And I HAD MORE. but like I couldn't put a post it every single time because then, I would have post its like in every page, every AMAZING SENTENCE ROWLING WROTE. 

1. Rip... tear... kill... 
   Soo hungry ... for so long...
   kill... time to kill... 


2. 'So, Harry,' said Lockhard, while Hermione folded the note with fumbling fingers and slipped it into her bag, 'tomorrow's the first Quidditch match of the season, I believe? Gryffindor against Slytherin, is it not? I hear you're a useful player. I was a Seeker, too. I was asked to try for the National Squad, but preferred to dedicate my life to the eradication of the Dark Forces. Still, if ever you feel the need for a little private training, don't hesitate to ask. Always happy to pass on my expertise to less able players...' 
(page 178)
I find Lockhard just amazing how he can babble about himself. lol 


3. 'I never thought I'd see the day when you'd be persuading us to break rules.' said Ron to Hermione. 'All right, we'l do it. But not toenails, OK?' 
(page 181)


4.'You haven't seen Ron or Hermione, have you?' said Harry.
'No, I haven't,' said Percy, his smile fading. 'I hope Ron's not in another girl's toilet...'
Harry forced a laugh, watched Percy out of sight and then headed straight for Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. 


5. Draco Malfoy, who was Snape's favourite student, kept flicking puffer-fish eyes at Ron and Harry, who knew that if they retaliated they would get detention fast than you could say 'unfair'
I Googled putter-fish eyes because I didn't understand. And this is what I got. lol hahahha



6. Goyle's potion exploded, showering the whole class. People shrieked as splashes of the Swelling Solution hit them. Malfoy got a faceful and his nose began to swell like a balloon; Goyle blundered around, his hands over his eyes, which had expanded to the size of dinner plates, while Snape was trying to restore calm and find out what had happened. 
omg it's so funny to picture Malfoy's nose like a balloon and Goyle having eyes big as a dinner plate


7. 'Tarantallegra!' and next second Harry's legs had begun to jerk around out of his control in a kind of quickstep


8. A haze of greenish smoke was hovering over the scene. Bot Neville and Justin were lying on the floor, panting; Ron was holding up an ashen-faced Seamus, apologising for whatever his broken wand had done. 


9. 'I think I 'd better teach you how to block unfriendly spells,' -Lockhart


10. 'Longbottom causes devastation with the simplest spells.' -Snape


11.The Polyjuice Potion 


12. The Dursleys had sent Harry a toothpick and a note telling him to find out whether he'd be able to stay at Hogwarts for the summer holidays, too. 
hahahahhahahah a toothpick for Christmas present omg I love them.


13. 'To Miss Granger, wishing you a speedy recovery, from your concerned teacher, Professor Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defence League and five times winner of Witch Weekly's Most-Charming- Smile Award'


14. 'Is lockhart the smarmist bloke you've ever met, or what?' -Ron to Hermione


15. 'Oh, Ron, wake up,' snapped Hermione. 'We know the person who opened the Chamber last time was expelled fifty years ago. We know T.M.Riddle got an award for special services to the school fifty years ago. Well, what if Riddle got his special award for catching the heir of Slytherin? His diary would probably tell us everything: where the Chamber is, and how to open it, and what sort of creature lives in it. The person who's behind the attacks this time wouldn't want that lying around, would they?'
'That's a brilliant theory, Hermione,' said Ron,
'with just one tiny little flaw. There's nothing written in his diary.'
(252pg) 


16. 'Hang on,' said Ron, who had approached cautiously and was looking over Harry's shoulder. I know that name... T.M. Riddle got an award for special services to the school fifty years ago.'
'How on earth d'you know that?' said Harry in amazement.
'Because Filch made me polish his shield about fifty time in detention,' said Ron resentfully. 'That was the one I burped slugs all over. If you wiped slime off a name for an hour, you'd remember it, too.'


17. Hermione voiced the knottiest question of all in a hesitant voice: 'Do you think we should go and ask Hagrid about it all?'
'That'd be a cheerful visit,' said Ron. 'Hello, Hagrid, tell us, have you been setting anything made and hairy loose in the castle lately?'


What I don't understand
1. Harry made an indistinct noise in his throat and then hurried off after Ron and Hermione.
what's a indistinct noise... in his throat? 


2. But Herminone's eyes narrowed dangerously again, and he added swiftly, 'but it's the best pland we'be got, so full steam ahead, I say.' 
I don't get how your eyes can narrow... dangerously... 

No comments:

Post a Comment