Wednesday, February 9, 2011

5 THINGS ABOUT WBAIS

Hiii
I am sorry for not writing a post for few days recently
:p
I busy doing homework... which is weird.

This post is going to be about 5 things ABOUT WBAIS !!! AHHH
I know you guys are excited. :D

Okayyyy
so


5. STUDENTS not wearing their uniform 
WHY??? IS WEARING  A TEE SHIT SO HARD??
From where, I am, I am used to real 'uniforms'
the ones you wear from toe to your head.
In Korea, we had to wear this ugly UGLY gray skirt a black stocking a Jacket and ribbons for girls and neck tie for boys like this
We also had Summer and Winter uniforms.
We had strict rules like
1. you can't have your skirt shorter than your knee
2. you can not wear skin color stockings. ONLY BLACK
3. you can not come to the class room with shoes on. You need school slippers
4. you can not tighten your waist or pants to make it look more like a skinny jeans.

4. YOU GUYS DO MAKE UP??and PIERCING?
Omg OMG REALLY? but you look so un-student!
When I first came to this school, I was about to scream out AHHH because PEOPLE here did make ups. 
LIKE.. 
WHAT?????????
This was SUCH a new environment to be. 
A student.. that is like only 14 doing.. eye lashes, eye make up 
wow. 
I Korea, my school was like. no make ups at all. In Korea, students doing make up brings bad image. It brings bad image because usually students who do make ups are students that doesn't study but go out with boys and drink and smoke. 
Also. PIERCING 
holy cow. 
It was my FIRST time to see a STUDENT with a piercing on their lip, belly button, eye, nose 
AND 5 PIERCING ON one of their ears. ... 
Also, piercings are the same thing like Make ups to Koreans. It is one of things that a STUDENT shouldn't do. 
Really.  piercing and make up. That just makes student UN- STUDENT-LOOKING
And I think 90% of Korea Parents think the same with me. 
I don't know about the actual students. But me, I think liek that . 
Oh also, color contact lense is VERy popular in Korea 
So Korean people have really.. boring? brown eyes. 
So they wear colored ones like blue, green, yellow, brown and
 other colors that are EXCITING to look... (???)
also there are lense that make your eye look really bigger or sparkle or make look like you are going to cry 

this is a color lens

sea-blue 
colored ones

this one make you like you sparkly and makes your eye look bigger

you see? its looks really big.. lol

different types and patterns. 



Any way back to the make up, 
Like the fake eye lashes and stuff. 
If we did, like a little bit of cream on our face, we had to go to our principles. 
I actually never ever thought of myself doing make up in Korea. 
I actually NEVER even thought of Makeups... 
So some students who wanted to look their face whiter, they had really think suncreams. 
It LOOKED SO FUUNY 
Its soo white. But the teachers can't say anything because suncream isn't a make up ... :) 
I think this picture is .. make up lol 
3. NOT CARING ABOUT THEIR GRADES
"WHAT??? YOU DON'T CARE?? YOU HAVE A C!!! AND A.. B- omgogmogmogmgogmomGGG"
Like all you guys know now.. (we I am not really this case)
but to Koreans, grades are the only thing they really care of.
Because when I was in Korea during middle school, My whole class was like insane about their grades on finals and small tests.
So. Like. I came to this school last year and got used to the school systems. Then I started to check my powerschool and compare with others to see what I am (like my statues)
and I saw C and B- on other peeps grade.
So I was like
'WAIT.
ISNT' THAT BAD????
OMG .. I AM SO SORRY'
I actually didn't know until last year that C meant average.
In Korea, its more of this. and the red is American
A Good  excellent
B normal good 
C bad average
D REALLLLY BAD very low bad. but not failing.

So until I knew what B and C meant, I was freaking out every time I saw a B.
lol


2. NO TEXTBOOKS FOR CERTAIN CLASSES
What. you don't have text books? HOW DO YOU LEARN??? 
thats usually the question I get from my Korean friends when I told them that I don't have text books that we use everyday. And ... Its really hard to answer it. Because.. lol its hard to explain things like that! lool

Since in Korea, I was used to textbooks and we had to bring them all the time. Also, in Australia, my school also didn't have a text book. but in WBAIS. NO TEXT BOOKS EXCEPT MATH an BIO. Really? BUT I AM IN HIGH SCHOOL
So in Korea its more like this
We have a text book and we learn exactly what they tell us and do all the activities that the text book tells to do. What the teachers do is just read them and teaches us exactly like the textbook. So really we don;t have
deep* thinking or critical thinking because we just do what the textbook tells us to do.
So when I came to my 9th grade history class, which is all about critical thinking, I LOVED the idea of it.
So we don't have to what the textbook tells us to do. But we do what we think about it and NOT FOLLOW ALL the text book. :D
But you guys might think "we have BIO text books and all junk. so we do have textbooks but .. whats the difference? with Korean text books?"
In Korea, the class is based on the text book. So we don't do anything different from a bio text book.
But here in WBAIS, I feel like the class is more based on the teacher and the text book is just a feature for your own help... like the opposite of Korean... (I think :))



1. THE FREE FEELING OF CLASSES
"ITS SO FREE"
From my previous experience of my Australian public school, I had the same "free" feeling.
In Korea, we have assigned seats and you are not allowed to really .. shout out like in my English class lol
If that happened, I don;t know.. lol
And. my history class.
I don't think that would be POSSIBLE in korean school lol
In my old Korean school the class is really quite and has this feeling of
'cold air' but in this school, wow. lol
you can not really explain about this freedom of speech.. unless you have been to a Korean school.



No comments:

Post a Comment