Monday, March 5, 2012

Practice day of FIRST

Woke up at 6:25am and went to school at 7am to pickup Carter to the train station.
kevin was supposed to meet at school too but he decided to meet us at the train station.
Carter and I was lucky enough to catch the 7:20am train to Ha Shalom.
Kevin wasn't. I found it half funny and half felt bad for Kevin. I kept on worrying about him.
But turns out Kevin met David and Elise at the train station! So Kevin safely arrived to the Nokia stadium.

When we arrived, there were lots of groups standing outside the stadium waiting to get inside the tent. I had no idea we had to go inside the tent. So I wondered around the place and found a gap where there was no security guard! I slipped inside. It turns out students weren't allowed to do that. Oh whatever, that's me. Breaking the rules all the time. I went inside the tend where 50 teams in Israel were working!

*Funny thing. Until our mentor arrived at Nokia Stadium, our team couldn't do anything because he had all the tools in his car. One of the judges thought we went home. lol

I spent 30 minutes taking a good look at each team's robots.
I thought we did a good job.. but others.. were... spectacular.
But again, we are the Rookies. They are not.
One team had 5 glass trophies, 5medals and a 'Winner of 2011 Israel Region' flag in front of their booth to show off. hmph. Since I had no knowledge of these 'booths' although Uri explained it as three side walls, I was surprised at how each team had their own 'unique-ness.'
Our booth is.. dull. But it won't be next year!

Today was just a practise day.
That meant we practise playing the game by actually controlling the robot by moving the joy-sticks. We played a lot of practise games than other teams I think. We had around 7? or 5? practise games.
For two games, our robot didn't move because of software problems
For the rest of the games, we moved but wasn't able to score for somehow :(
WE DID SO WELL AT THE SCHOOL AUDITORIUM

I am sure we are going to do better tomorrow.
on the REAL DAY.
When we weren't watching practise games, I went to the stadium and watched other team's game strategy. But most of the time, we were busy making last changes and fixes on the robot.
The damn bumper was the main problem.
Kept on acting retarded and didn't get screwed enough.

I acted so bitchy to tal and jay today hahahahahha
I was furious how they didn't understand what I was saying.
When I told them to make the bumpers stick to the shasi(?), they were like "what? how do you do that?" AND when I said "Hand me M6" they were looking at me as if I spoke Chinese to them.
aldjflak;dsjf;aldskfja;sldkfj;aldskfjasdlk;fja;dslkfja;dslfjk
I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE LIKE THEM, WHO CAME TO AT MOST 10 MEETINGS OUT OF 100 CAME TO THE PRACTISE GAME TODAY.
ESPECIALLY JAY. I DON'T THINK HE PAID

Jay probably hates me now lol
Oh well. :P

btw, I got home at 11pm.
I nearly died in the Nokia Stadium.
There are tons of stairs.
image


No comments:

Post a Comment