Tuesday, November 1, 2011

quotes from hate list by jenny brown

the book was an okay book. I read it because it was a book club book.
  • They say that near-death experiences change peope. That they suddenly discover what tolerance and love are really about. That they have no more use for pettiness and hate.
  • For once, the future seemed heavier than the past.
  • What could he say about a future of those parents who couldnt let go of the past, who could do nothing but watch  their hopes for their children's futures fade away, their childrn\e gone for more than a year no wand never coming back?
  • We all got to be winners sometimes. But Nick had been right: We all got to be winners sometimes. But what he didn't understand was that we all had to be losers,too. Because you can't have one without the other.
The funny thing about book club books, are that we never.. like never got to read about a 'normal' person. I mean once, we had the mental child. And this book is about this Valerie being obessed with her boyfriend and living a life where all her peers, including her parents, doesn't trust her anymore and doesn't believe in her. I think the book was quite said.
It's not really her falut that her bf got into a shooting scene.
However, at the very end of the book, she realizes how she wasn't the only one being on newspapers. It turns out all her friends were deeply effected by the accident.
I think this book tells very well about how it feels to be just left alone. No one caring for her.
It also tells that you are not the only victim of an accident.

I would give a 9 out of 10.
the book was very focused on the idea and the theme.
But I didn't like it. It's not my type
I like SF and thrillers!!!

I am started to read the house rules now...
I started that book in July and kinda never got to finish it.
I am exactly half way in that book.
I WILL RETURN THE BOOK BY NOVEMBER 28TH. yasmin hahahha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment