Thursday, September 8, 2011

Meg Cabot Princess on the Brink volume 7

Princess Diaries are one of my favourite book series after Harry potter and the series of unfortunate events.
I am going to write down the most amazing quotes.

1. "How do you intend to keep your tiaras on with nothing for the combs to dig into?" Grandmere wanted to know. Which is actually a good point.

2. Everything is so simple in Tinaland. I so wish I lived there instead of here, in the cruel, cold real world.

3. "Yes" I said. "I do. Because I love Michael and if I can't be with him, I'd rather not be with any boy." Boris just shook his head sadly. "That's what all the couples in my orchestra say," he said. "And eventually, one of them gets tired of sitting in their room. Next thing you know, they've hooked up with a clarinetist. There's always a clarinetist"
(seriously, how more random can clarinetist be?.. lol soooo random!)


4. "Dad." I blinked at him. "Michael didn't break up with me. At least if that's what you meant by that speech you just gave me."
"He didn't?" Dad stopped looking so pleased. "Oh. Well, what did he do then?"
"He-well, remember when you flew back to Genovia with me and we watched the lord of the rings during the flight?"
"Yes" Dad raised his eyebrows. "Are you telling me Michael's come into possession of the One Ring?"
"No," I said. I couldn't believe he was trying to make a joke out of it. "But he's trying to prove himself to the elf king, like Aragorn."
"Who's the king?"Dad wanted to konw, like he genuinely didn't know.
"Dad, YOU'RE the elf king."
"Really? Dad adjusted his tie, looking pleased again.
Then he stopped. "Wait...my ears aren't pointy. Are they?"
I didn't understand this part. so I MUST WATCH THE MOVIE OR READ THE BOOK


5. "Mia," Dad said, shaking his head. "it's out of the question. I'm very please for Michael-I always thought he had potential. But I am not going to spend millions of dollars building some robotics laboratory so you can fritter away eleventh grade necking with your boyfriend instead of passing Precalculus."
Mia enjoys smelling her boyfriend's neck...


6. "Right, that he was like the Beast from Beauty and the Beast, unused to human love, and uncertain how to react to it. Well, guess what? Tina was wrong. It wasn't that he didn't know how to react. He just didn't love me back, and he didn't want to hurt my feelings by telling me so. So he just led me on, all these months."

7. When you're already at rock bottom, nothing hurts anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment