Thursday, September 29, 2011

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley is the worst book EVER

The 'classic' by Mary Shelly, is called Frankenstein. 
and it is the worst book I ever read this year.
Breaking down was the worst book I ever read last year. (yes, yes you are right. I did love Twilight and became a huge Edward fan but Breaking down was BAD. )

4 reasons why Frankenstein is horrible. 


1. Mary writes her sentences ridiculously long. 
ex)

  • I supposed some astonishment was exhibited in my countenance, for Mr. Kirwin hastened to say, "Immediately upon your being taken ill, all the papers that were on your person were brought me, and I examined them that I might discover some trace by which I discovered from its commencement to be from your father. I instantly wrote to Geneva; nearly two months have elapsed since the departure of my letter. But you are ill; even now you tremble; you are unfit for agitaion of any kind"
Okay. Mr. Kirwin talks a lot. It took me like 5 minutes to understand what the word Kirwin is talking about. 
If I was Mary, I would have written 
  • "I received a letter from your father so I replied."
HOW SIMPLE AND BETTER IS THAT?


2. I hate it when she describes the view of Mount Blac and the beauty of Swiss. BECAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT SHE IS TALKING ABOUT.  
I hate descriptions.
SERIOUSLY. I don't know if it's only me, but I can't picture anything she says
ex)

  • We saw many ruined castles standing on the edges of precipices, surrounded by black woods, high and inaccessible. This part of the Rhine, indeed, presents a singularly variegated landscape. With the dark Rhine rushing beneath; and on the sudden turn of a promontory, flourishing vineyards with green sloping banks and a meandering river and populous towns occupy the scene
  • I have visited the lakes of Lucerne and Uri, where the snowy mountains descend almost perpendicularly to the water, casting black and impenetrable shades, which would cause a gloomy and mornful appearance were it not for the most verdant islands that relieve the eye by their gay appearance; I have seen this lake aagitated by a tempest, when the wind tor up whirlwinds of water and gave you an idea of what the water-spout must be on the great ocean; and the waves dash with fury the base of the mountain, where the priest and his mistress were overwhelmed by an avalanche and where their dying voices are still said to be heard amid the pauses of the nightly wind; I have seen the mountains of La Balais, and the Pays de Baud; but his country, Victor, pleases me more than all those wonders. 

3. Nothing is so exciting about the book. 
Don't read.. unless you finished the book because I am gonna spoil it 
Okay. Basically, in 5 sentences,
1. Victor Frankenstein creates a monster.
2. The monster asks Victor to make him a female monster.
3. The monster kills everyone (which is only 4 people) that Victor knows because Victor didn't make the female monster
4. Victor seeks for revenge to the monster
5. Victor dies while seeking for revenge in Antarctica.
6. EXCITING AND TENSE RIGHT?


SERIOUSLY.
I never felt so bored. while reading a book.
For instance, when I was reading Twilight, I read with excitement of how perfect Edward is. And I dreamed how amazing it would be to have Edward in real life. And wanted learn how Bella handles with cute males.
But in this ... Frankenztein book, it's SOOOO OBVIOUS THAT EVERYONE WOULD DIE.
seriously.
I wasn't slightly shocked when I read in the end that Victor died.
-.-
DUHHHHHHHHH!

ugh. Also, Frankenstein is mentally a hard book to digest.
if you see the vocabulary she uses to describe, it's just... so English-ly.

  • Mr.Kirwin came in and insisted that my strength should not be exhasusted by too much exertions. 
  • The season of the assizes approached
  • We were not allowed to converse for any length of time, for the precarious state of my health rendered every precaution necessary that could ensure tranquillity 
I have tons and TONS of example of Mary writing sentences with fancy fancy words. 
Actually, the WHOLE BOOK IS AN EXAMPLE. 

I hate Mary Shelley. 
I hate her books. 
I hate how the monster has no name.
I hate how the book is so boring. and talks and talks about how Mount Blanc is beautiful and how Swiss is amazing. 
I hate how she always puts those boring and meaningless description about EVERYTHING
I hate how she writes her sentences really long when it basically means "I created the monster which killed everyone I knew(4 people)
I hate how this book got to be a best-seller during her time
I hate Victor. -.- 
I feel sorry for the wife of Victor 
I hate how Victor doesn't kill the monster with a PISTOL 
I hate how the book ends with Victor dying
I hate the beginning part of the book (when this guys writes to his sister)
I hate EVERYTHING ABOUT THE BOOK. 

and guess what I found 
there is a page called 'I hate the book Frankenstein by Mary Shelley' 
there are only 41 likes but I am sure it means 41K

About

the story sucks and frankly, she uses vocaublar that sounds like she raped the dictionary.
HAHAHAHAHAH 



No comments:

Post a Comment