Sunday, May 20, 2012

May 19th Prom


Prom: Huge failure.
As a student council member, I am really embarrassed. Prom wasn’t good.
The only successful thing was the desserts. Amazing, amazing chocolate.
Things that were horrible:
1.       The DJ.
a.       He played songs that were impossible to dance to
b.      Volume: extremely loud
c.       The music transitions were bad…they literally stopped and then played the next song
2.       The whole Prom+ European League
a.       I realize this wasn’t really a choice..but omg seriously people? You come pay 180 and watch a game? You should have acted like Nico.. To not come at all and watch at home with popcorn and beer.
b.      Since 90% of the people were watching the game, only 10% were actually dancing. I feel bad for the seniors because their prom was ruined by that game.. Not to mention that it was super duper awkward with only 30 people dancing at this huge dance floor.
c.       Only like 1 or 3 9th grader guys came last night. *Sigh*& *face palm* I hope we reached 150 people..
3.       Teachers just staring awkwardly at students dancing
a.       I am sorry, but I’ve got to mention names now. Mr. Sickle… Mr. Sickle… your stare really terrified me and made me feel really uncomfortable.
b.      Mr. Jackover. Okay.. I understand the principle has to come to supervise. But really? Did you have to mock around the whole time during the dancing? Ah, it was odd.
c.       Mrs. Harris. Whenever I saw her, she was texting. I thought that was sad.. Even the teachers felt that it was a lame prom.
4.       The Food.
a.       I nearly was going to get a stroke when I realized that there were only two types of food. This curry chicken and this other… unknown mystery meal.
b.      A.R.E. Y.O.U. K.I.D.D.I.N.G. M.E. I came for the food.
5.       The place
a.       It was a great place…with the view.. except that our whole high school is like 200 people.
b.      The toilet, which is like where female go every 15 minutes, was disgusting. There were seats full of toilet papers. I really wonder how that person was educated.
c.       +++A really awkward moment when a cleaner starts to sweep the dance floor while people are dancing…

No comments:

Post a Comment