Thursday, July 28, 2011

Anne of Green Gables [L.M.Montgomery]

For the past three days, I have been reading Anne of Green Gables
and I find this classic, that was published at 1908, simply amazing. 


Despite the fact that this book doesn't exactly have a story plot, the way the writer writes is simply 
divinely wonderful. 
I just love the book because of the way Anne speaks and the way Lucy writes. 


There are just too many lines it's impossible to write down all 
So I chose few..


page203: One can't feel quite in the depths of despair with two months' vacation before them


page202: there is nothing but meetings and partings


page194:Diana says if they don't know what they are like they don't miss them


page193:Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world


page175:The harder it is the more satisfaction you have when you do get up


page174: This is the last lingering hope and I fear 'tis a vain one


page168:You can't sympathize properly if you've never studied it. It is casting a cloud over my whole life. 


page166:Marilla, one can't stay sad very long in such an interesting world, can one?


Anne of Green Gables is going to be my favorite book from now on. 
Seriously for people who havn't read this book because it's 'classic', 
you are missing so much...




and to update with my summer vacation, I did few things.. like tidying up my book shelf 


the bottom shelf left are all my Korean Math books...

books I need to read...
geezs When on earth am I going to finish Little womennn???!!! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment